Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanks Giving.

Most of you would have noticed that I had not posted anything for a few months. The reason is not that there was no inspiration. The Lord never stops talking to any one who seek Him diligently! It was the lack of facility that hindered my writing.

I was away in Sri lanka. It is an island, torn by civil war for many years. Yet there is no peace over there. People are living in uncertainty, fear and danger. Those who trust in the Lord are being over shadowed under His wings. I thank you for praying for me. The Lord was good to me. his protection and provision was with me. He blessed me and made me a blessing to others as well.

Yesterday was Thanks giving day in Canada. It is a good practice to be thankful to parents , friends and all who are good to us, not only on a particular day, but every day!

The word of God says , " Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." [1 Th.5:18]. We ought to give thanks to God at all times, in every thing. It is not easy to do. A contented heart will be able to praise God even when things are bad. There will be no room for complaining, murmuring or fault finding in a heart that is contented .

May God give all of us such a heart, I pray.

No comments: