Thursday, December 11, 2008

Are You Strong In The Lord?

" Finally, be Strong in the Lord and in His mighty power" [ Ephesians.6:10 NkJ] This is a sound advise to us, the Christians, to keep the enemy, the devil, away from us.

Paul begins the verse with the word, ' finally' after teaching about how the children, the parents , the employers and the employees should behave to be pleasing to the Lord by obeying God's commands to them. [Eph.6:1-9] Being diligent to obey what ever the Lord says, is an essential requirement to have victory over the enemy.

There are times we feel distort and weak spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. It is just the right time for the enemy to attack and defeat us. I had such a moment yesterday. I went to the Lord and He strengthened me with His word.

He said,' Be strong in the lord and in the power of His might' I searched the scriptures for more 'food' to strengthen me. The following scriptures helped me much:
'Be strong therefore and let not your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.' [11chron.15:1] There are so many scriptures like this to strengthen us.

I meditated on our God's power and strength too. Psalms 62:11 says, ' God has spoken and twice have I heard that power belongs unto the Lord.'

I came to the conclusion, when I have such an a mighty God as my friend and savior, I can face anything with boldness. I was happy to read what Paul wrote to the Ephesians, 'I pray, that out of His glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being. What a prayer! I said, ' Amen!', to it.

I wonder if you know this God who strengthens us when we are weak? Have you experienced the Holy Spirit who revives and refreshes us when we feel dry. If you have that experience, I praise God with you.
If not , I wish to tell you that, you can have it just by asking God sincerely for it, in the name of Jesus. He will gladly lead you into it.

No comments: