Tuesday, December 30, 2008

God's Will Is Always The Best

"If I will that he tarries till I come, what is that to you. You follow me." [John 21:22]When Jesus revealed about his end, Peter asked ' what about him' [referring to John] Jesus' answer was 'If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You follow me.' Peter was told not to be concerned about God's will for others.

Often we tend to compare ourselves with others,whether to rationalize our own level of devotion to Christ or to question God's justice. Jesus tells us also the same thing: 'You follow me'
My concern should be, am I doing God's will and am I following Jesus the way He wants me to follow Him.

God has a plan and purpose for each one of us Each one is different in nature. But all of us are expected to come to the knowledge of the love of Christ and reach out to conform to His character. Perfect in holiness.That is the expected standard.Perfection comes to each one at different levels in different areas. Like a building, we are all under construction. We ought to just follow His leading.That is God's will for you and me.

Prayer is essential to attain this.As We too should pray as David prayed: [Psalms.143:10] 'Teach me to do your will, for you are God. Your spirit is good. Lead me into the land of righteousness.'

Doing God's will or desiring and asking God to show His will, will establish a divine relationship.Jesus said' For whoever will do the will of my father which is in heaven, the same is my my brother, sister and mother'[Mt.12:50]
Christ is the perfect example of doing God's will: Just before the betrayal He prayed,'O my father if this cup may not pass away from me except I drink it, Thy will be done'.What a surrender of his own will to the will of his father's!

I prayed: Lord I pray like you. I do not know what the out come of all these things that are taking place. It is scary. I step out depending on you.I know acting according to your will , will bring peace and joy. Your wisdom is the best for me. There is no one else greater than you Lord. You are able to see me through in any situation.Your wisdom is the best for me.

I decided and wrote the letter as the Holy spirit prompted me to write and went on reading God's word.

Doing God's will tends to spiritual knowledge. " If any man will do his will he shall know the doctrine whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself' Jesus said
Doing God's will should not be with eye service as pleasing men. It should as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.'[ Eph 6:6]
When we take one step to do His will, He works in us to make us the kind of people who will please Him. He equips us to do the kind of work that will please Him.
Doing God's will should be the rule of everyday life. James 4:15 says 'For that you ought to say If the Lord will , we shall live and do this or that.'

It gave me much hope and joy when I read 2nd John2:17' The world and it's desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives for ever.
A prayer rose from me: Lord help me to desire and always do what ever is your will for me.

The Lord gave me this on the 28th December 2008 at5AM. As I surrendered my will to the Lord and wrote the letter that the Lord prompted me to write, a joy that I am pleasing the Lord filled me. I praise God for it.

No comments: