Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year

We entered the year 2009, singing:
Lord the light of your love is shining, in the midst of the darkness shining,
Jesus Light of the World shine upon us,
Set us free by the truth you now bring us,
Shine on me.
Lord I come to your awesome presence, from the darkness into your radiance,
By the blood I may enter your brightness,
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness.
Shine on me.
As we gaze on your kingly likeness,
Ever changing from glory to glory,
Mirrored here, may our life tell the story,
Shine on me.
The chorus says:
Shine Jesus shine, fill the land with the father's glory, Spirit blaze, set our hearts on fire.
River flow, flood the nations with Grace and Mercy,
SEND FORTH YOUR WORD LORD AND LET THER BE LIGHT.

Such a wealth of, much needed, meaning in the song! God will surely answer every one who sang it sincerely.

This morning the Lord reminded me, what ever fears that lurk in our hearts about the future, we cannot see, are just like shadows. They appear scary but they have life to harm us. The loving God who created you and me is almighty. He has a plan and a future for you ans me. He says in Jeremiah 29: 11, 'I know the thoughts I think toward you, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.' Imagine He thinks about you and me and has great plans for us!

I wish to share my conviction with you: God's word is the 'food' that gives us strength to go on and grow in Him. Feed on it daily. And remember the simple fact that, this great God who gave the promises and the word, is in us and with us.
If we build our life upon this truth, we will have no difficulty or fear in facing anything that comes our way in 2008!

Let anyone say anything to scare us, the Lord and His word has more power to see us through to victory.

May we be blessed with His peace mercy and grace May He make us a blessing to others through out this year!

No comments: