Thursday, June 10, 2021

                                  visit to see a friend at the      .

Last evening My daughter Roshani, her husband and our dear brother in the Lord,Jack Kaleel, went to visit Sister Bertha at the  
I remembered a former visit to such a place to see another  elderly christian friend of our. She was seated having a her nice supper and spoke to us happily .Her grand son also came with us . She was hopeful and had no complains. She said she will be allowed to go home in a day or two . But she went to her eternal home in two days. She was in her late eighties.  being the wife of a pastorand mother of a pastor' her talk and  was full of hope and joy.She was ready to die I thought.
 Sister Bertha was  in her seventies . she has had a  rough life . A mother of seven children . Some not doing that well too. As h we were told that she had cancer which had spread to all parts of her body and  she will not survive long, I expected to see her  weak, and anxious. Contrary to my expectation, she looked wel, fresh young looking , peaceful and happy.She did not speak of her illness at all. Instead she said she was very happy to see us. She sang hymns with us . she even sarted the songs!
we sand and prayed
While we were thre her medication  and her supper were brought. The nurse who brouht them were all smiles and plesant. The whole atmospher was a ver clean, happy and plesant one . she said that they herd  the  sweet singinging.
All these gave me a very peaceful and happy feeling. I was totally blessed. So many happy thoughts passed my mind. .We spoke about how sister Bertha was most of the time burdened and sick when we met her in the church. She faced each chil's and her husband home and financial problems. but how peaceful and happy she was in such a beautiful surrounding ,being looked after by angelic happy people in her last few days. Hope and joy was beaming in her face. .
This a much coveted blessing of God ,I thought. To be a blessing to the people who visit you  , with out a word of murmur or complait is  a truly a pleasing attitude I thought.I prayed and whished for such an attitude.
Yes it is the Lord's doing. What He has done for others He will do for you I told my self as I praised and prayed that night.
Another conversation asl we had as we were returning: What a great thing our Canadian Government is doing to provide such a home like place for the terminally ill. ! My son in law said we should happily pay our taxes , since it is put such good use.!
In all it the mercy of God to look after His children who trusted their life with Him.
Again it is God's mercy and blessing to speak to  me of his goodness and to give me the desire to love trust and draw close to Him. Lord make me a blessing to some one today, I pray. In your presence ther is fulness of joy. fill me with your presence so that I'll be full of your joy that is contagous.

No comments: