Thursday, June 10, 2021

Acceptable sacrifice

                   The acceptable sacrifice

Yesterday during the phone prayer time our group discussed ‘the sacrifice that

is acceptable to God’   Cain’s and Able’s sacrifices were taken as examples..

The two brothers, the sons ofAdam and Eve took their  sacrifices. We read about it in Genesis 4th chapter. Abel  a shepherd gave a blood sacrifice of a lamb and Cain  a farmer , from the produce of his garden. God accepted Abel’s and rejected Cain’s. the end result was Cain became angry and commied the first ever murder.

We discussed why was Abel’s sacrifice accepted and Cains rejected.

Bible says, (Gen4:4)  “ The Lord had respect unto Abel and his offering but Cain’s He did not have respect”

Several reasons were discussed to learn how an acceptable sacrifice should be given.

This discussion kept me thinking about myself. God expects me to give sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving . When we come to Him ,We should give sacrifice of joy from a clean heart  along with other material sacrifices of tithing , giving of alms, helps, prayng for others etc. Good; we do it . I do it.  what is our attitude at that time.

I examined myself . Many times my prayer , meditation ,praise and thanksgiving and various offerings are done as a duty. IHOP’s to  do it. During Prayer time  I have to pray for others is the the thought that sometimes goes in my heart. I rush and go through it. God expects me to spend time at His feet. Commune with Him so that I develop a close relationship with Him. Rushing through and doing it like’ a must do ‘ thing will not be an acceptable sacrifice to God.

 I repented and decided that in future with God’s help all what I  ‘do’, offer unto the Lord , will be from a clean heart with joy’ Lord help me to delight in your presence !



No comments: