Thursday, May 1, 2008

Whose Side Are You On?

Most of us try to have God on our side. We want to do things to please Him; go to church and do many Religious works, just to please God and to keep him on our side. We know, if God be for us no one or thing can be against us.

I heard someone asking: "Are you on God's side?". If I am on His side, then sure He will be on my side. What makes me or marks me as being on God's side?

Jesus said, 'Thine they were and thou gave them to me; and they have kept thy word" [John 17:6] Keeping God's word in truth is very essential.

Lord Jesus makes His disciples His own possession. He expects us to remain in that position. Then God's claim comes first: "He that loves his father or mother more than me; He that loves son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me" [Mat.10:37]. Whatever we do will be to maintain a right relationship with love. Then we will be a perfect delight to Him. We will be entirely His. He is a loving God who delights to Bless those who are entirely His.

Lord, I desire to be a delight to you. Lead me and help me to become what you want me to be, is my prayer today.

No comments: