Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Buffet of Promises

This morning, the Lord reminded me that there are so many promises we could hold on to in times of need. You too, may help yourself and be benefited by them. Here are some that encourage me:

"Listen to me ... you whom I have upheld since you were conceived and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He. I am He who will sustain you, I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
-Isaiah 46:3-4

Isn't His love so enduring and endearing that He gives me the assurance that He will care for me through out my lifetime and even through death?

It is amazing that the one who is giving this promise is the Lord God of the universe! "This is what the Lord says, Your redeemer who formed you in your womb, I am the Lord who who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself" [Isa.44:24]

I was happy that I have accepted his Love for me. I believe His promise. It gives me comfort, confidence and security.

I prayed: "Do not cast me away when I am old. Do not forsake me when my strength is gone" [Ps.71:9]. Also, Lord may all those who have not intimately known you yet come to you before it is too late. May all your children learn to enjoy the variety of promises you have given us.

No comments: