Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Charged for the Day with the Powerful Name

"When nothing works, try the name of Jesus.", is a true saying. The name of Jesus is above every other name.

I studied why it is so:

His name shall be called Jesus. Luke 1:3
His name is power ... the mighty God. Isa. 9:6
His name is peace: The Prince of Peace. Isa.9:6
His name gives forgiveness. Luke 24:47
His name is above every other name. Phil.2:9
His name gives life. John 20:31
His name is healing. Acts 3:6, 16. [I recall my many personal healings I received]
His name is deliverance. Acts 16: 18

The name of Jesus is able to break every stronghold within us; It has power to set free every captive.

Today I hold on to the promise
"What so ever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the father may be glorified in the son" [John14:13]

I know from experience it works. So, Jesus, I call on your holy name to answer my prayers today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. Today`s showed me how nothing is hidden from God; how his love and understanding are always with us.
Keep writing, I look forward to each day`s insight.

Elizabeth said...

Anonymous,
Thank you for your encouraging comment. I am happy that we have such a great, powerful and loving God!