Saturday, April 5, 2008

Praise Casts Out The Spirit of Heaviness

Praise is the antidote for being depressed and heavy. How to praise and for what to praise, when you are sad, you may wonder. This morning, I was in very low spirits. People's actions, words, attitudes, disapproval, rejections and disappointments can easily be joy killers. I am glad our Lord does not want us to remain in that state. This is how I got over it:

First, I tried to read the Bible and pray but my mind revolved around things that happened and were going to happen. Remembering a Sunday school song, "Just a little talk with Jesus makes it right!", I told Jesus all that I felt. He reminded me of a verse from Isaiah 61:3. I read it a few times:

"To appoint unto those who mourn in Zion to give beauty for ashes, oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified."

God's word combined with prayer worked a miracle. The Lord, within minutes, took my heaviness completely from me. I was able to praise Jesus for what He did on the cross for me, to make me accepted by God. If the Almighty God loves and accepts me what does it matter if others consider me not worthy enough to be in their function? All the feeling of hurt left me. I sang I am free. Thank you Jesus you have done it all for me.

I was able to pray the following for the wedding party with sincere love:

Lord, bless the couple, embarking the new boat, in the sea of life today, starting a a new family, keep them under the shadow of your wings. Protect them from every storm and strife of tongues, as they busy them selves in your service. Help them discern what is right.

May love for You and for each other fill their hearts. May they understand others' views. Use them to bring healing to hurting hearts.

Bless the Pastor who is uniting them. May his heart be free from hurts and offenses, so that your blessings flow from his prayers to the trusting couple.

Bless the loving, trusting, followers as they sing your praises to bless the couple this morning.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you are able to pray for those that are spiteful.

Elizabeth said...

Anonymous,
Thanks. It is the Grace of God that helps.