Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Day When Man Shall Look to His Maker With Respect

My attention was drawn to a verse this morning, which gave me joy as well as pain: "At that day shall a man look to his maker, and his eye shall have respect to the holy one of Israel. They shall not look to the altars, the work of their hands..." [Isa.16:7,8]

Considering the things that are going around these days, without any respect to their creator, I was happy that such a day was coming. But another thought made me sad and anxious, for the rest of the chapter pronounced doom and gloom for those who reject Him. Though this was an oracle against Damascus, it applies to us too.
All around me I see people pinning their faith and trust on temporal things only. The commentary said: "No matter how successful the people of Damascus were, God's judgment was sure. Often we depend on trappings of success like expensive cars, past times, clothes, beautiful houses, to give us fulfillment. But God says, we will reap grief and pain, if we have depended on temporal things to give us eternal security. If we don't want the same treatment that Damascus received , we must turn from these allurements and trust God."

I examined myself to see my position and I found things I should adjust in my life. I prayed for my loved ones that God should open their eyes before it is too late. I am fully assured that my God will answer my prayers.

I wondered about the great number, who are taking the "broad way". I came to the conclusion that our God does not try to attract the greatest number of people. Instead He seeks the greatest good of all people. He does not force any one. We who are following the Lord are to pray for them to take the right path.

No comments: